Welcome...

to my paradise! My blog focuses on all things related to digital scrapbooking. Look for an occasional freebie download as well as scrap/photo related tutorials. Comments are always welcome!

Monday, August 18, 2008

Key West Respite

Saturday, we went to Key West for a day of relaxation and shopping, but not in that order! We live in the north end of the Keys, but I dislike the crowds and traffic going up toward the mainland, that I often rationalize a trip into Key West instead. Going over all the bridges and seeing the different colors of blue water is just the ticket!

I have been to the Key West Butterfly Conservatory before, but my daughter had not. She was enchanted by all the flying things around us. I kept hearing "Mom! look at that!!" I couldn't keep up. I did spend a little more time this visit with the birds throughout. They are so sweet and tiny and their colors are gorgeous! The little yellow guy below seemed to be posing for me!

This was the third scrap for Ziskas kit. I got the next kit she just released called Dusk Dew. The LOs the other CT members have done so far have blown me away...


Sunken Garden Add on and frame from Paper Garden Freebie both by Franziska Altmann

We stopped on Duval Street to see our friend Allan and have a lemonade, and we happened to see a wedding reception arrive across the street. If you look closely, you can see the groom's flipflops! I'll bet she was wearing 'em too! Best wishes to those newlyweds, whoever you are!



Til next time...

No comments: